The 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver have finally started. Yesterday there was speed skating (short & long track), ladies freestyle skiing (moguls) and Mens Luge, Womens Ice Hockey, Ski Jumping and the biathlon. But sadly none of the Irish athletes were in these events. The Olympic Council of Ireland [www.olympicsport.ie] has kindly published a schedule off the Irish ski team. From the looks of it things won’t start until tomorrow Monday 15h of February for the Irish Ski Team. The first competitor will be PJ Barron competing in the Men’s 15KM Cross Country Skiing.
Irish Ski Team Schedule
- Monday 15th : PJ Barron : Cross Country
- Thursday 18th : Pat Shannon : Men’s Skeleton Bobsleigh
- Friday 19th : Pat Shannon : Men’s Skeleton Bobsleigh
- Saturday 20th : Kirsty McGarry : Super G
- Tuesday 23rd : Aoife Hoey & Claire Bergin : Women’s Bobsleigh:
- Wednesday 24rd : Aoife Hoey & Claire Bergin : Women’s Bobsleigh
- Wednesday 24rd : Kirsty McGarry : Giant Slalom
- Friday 26th : Kirsty McGarry : Women’s Alpine Slalom
- Saturday 27th : Shane O’Connor Men’s Alpine Slalom
The full schedule is available here.
We would like to wish all the Irish Olympians all the best in the competition, and our fingers, toes and eyes are crossed for you in your events !
The Irish Ski Team, isn’t without its controversy, Irish Athlete Paul Griffin who had qualified for cross-country skiing lost his place to PJ Barron, more on rté sport.
We welcome people to join in our discussion about the Vancouver Olympics in our forum.